Guest Post by Janine McGrath, our In House Nutritionist. Everyone can associate themselves with that horrible feeling known...
13th June 16
The multi award-winning Spa Hotel has been awarded 5 bubble star status year-on-year from the Good Spa Guide (since inaugural assessment in 2011). But how can The Spa Hotel actually improve your wellbeing; we hear all this talk about wellness, but what does it actually mean?
Well, at The Spa Hotel, we believe that in order to fully look after your wellbeing, you have to look after yourself on the inside and out. We recognise that in order to live a healthier life, you have to look after your physical body on the outside, but also, we need to start thinking more about the things that we are putting into our bodies. Once more, what about the way we are feeling and the mental strain we put on ourselves on a day to day basis; surely these are bound to show on our bodies in some way. Our mental health is so important yet we often neglect it.
Taking some ‘me’ time out just to relax, to not do ANYTHING and to focus on ‘mindfullness’ can be so beneficial for our mental health- focusing on the now; not planning what you have to do the next week, not thinking about what you have to cook for dinner tomorrow, focusing on the actual moment you are in and enjoying it. And this is where we can help!
Taking all these aspects into consideration we believe that our offerings now cover all elements of health and wellbeing. Here are 6 Reasons why The Spa Hotel can help improve your wellbeing;
1) The Spa- The Aqua Thermal Journey itself is the depiction of serenity, promoting wellness, wellbeing and relaxation around every corner; with seven different rooms, which have different heat experiences. As you drift around the journey, the temperature goes up in each room you enter, giving your body time to adapt to the heat. These rooms include a Balinese steam room, solarium, aromatherapy room, indoor and outdoor saunas, an outdoor hot tub, a steam room and a hydrotherapy room. We recommend taking two hours to finish the journey, giving you time to unwind and distress.
Our NEW Zen garden is the perfect place to chill out in your robes on a sun lounger with a glass of prosecco in hand- bliss! Come and join us for the official launch on the 24th June!
2) Our on-site Nutritional Therapist- As we believe that wellness starts from the inside, we have an on-site Nutritional Therapist, Janine, who is passionate about health and nutrition. Janine offers nutritional consultations, food intolerance tests, weight management courses, mini health checks, and much much more.
3) The Treatments- The wide range of treatments we offer are focused around your wellbeing and are designed to cater to each individual’s specific requirements whether it be simply to help you to de-stress, to uplift your mood, to treat skin problems or allergies, with a consultation being carried out before any treatment that take place.
4) The Products – We have personally selected brands that we believe have the best, natural ingredients including Neom who use 100% natural wax and pure essential oils and ishga ,who use Hebridean Seaweed from Scotland, in which its properties contain vitamins, minerals & natural anti-oxidants with anti-aging properties. We also work with Elemis who use both nature and science to create formulations that transform your skin.
5) The Food– The Orangery offers delicious, nutritious, lightweight, healthy dishes that leave you feeling delighted and content, rather than sluggish and bloated (which is the last thing you want when you are walking around in your cozzy!).
6) Fitness– We also offer fitness training sessions in our state-of-the-art gym. Additionally, we offer a weight loss programme, Spa Slimmers which includes weigh in and expert advice from our Nutritional Therapist, a half an hour exercise session with private instructor and personalised expert advice on healthier eating, diet planning, achievable goal setting and exercise ideas.
And guess what! This year, we are celebrating our 5th Year Anniversary! We just cant believe how the time as flown. We have learnt and developed so much in these last 5 years and want to thank all our lovely guests for all your continued support.